Marketing IDEAS that Work!
Below are a list of marketing ideas that will jumpstart you book sales.
- Get your book on Amazon - click here for step by step instructions. You won't make a ton of money but it's great exposure.
- Email, call or write to everyone you know and let them know you have just published your first book - sell it directly to them or direct them to a website to buy it online (we can supply you a website with a purchase system for only $49.95. Click here for more information).
- Go into local bookstores and ask them to carry your book. Let them know you will do a book signing and/or mini workshop/lecture on your book. Book stores love this! Make sure to ask for the person in charge of buying and/or the PR person. If it is a children’s book, offer to read it to a group of children in the children’s area one evening.
- Tell everyone you meet about your book - Your excitement is your best marketing tool! Make sure to carry books in your car or briefcase at all times. You never know when you will sell a book or get a good lead.
- Write a press release about your book and send it to every newspaper and radio station in your area. Make sure to follow up with a phone call. The media loves local happenings.
- Send the news release to every newspaper, magazine, TV station and radio station (including internet radio) across the county that might be interested in your subject matter.
- Be creative and look for special events that might offer an opportunity to promote your book.
- Think about other types of stores that might be interested in your book. If you have written a book about natural stones, for example, ask your local rock shop to carry your book.
- If you have purchased an ISBN package from us (Aardvark Global Publishing), we can upload your book to Google. Google will give you exposure to potential book buyers and media. Your book information on Google will be linked to your own webpage on our site where clients can contact you directly. For more information, click here.